Thread: Brand vs. Brand
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #31
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
This is on page 30 of the Jayco Pinnacle Owner's Manual:

"Extended Or Full Time Usage
Your new recreation vehicle has been built for enjoyment in a recreational manner. It is not intended for use as full-time quarters or a permanent residence. Continuous living in your vehicle could cause accelerated wear and damage to the various components."

"CAUTION: Continuous or permanent living in your recreation vehicle may affect your warranty coverage and may void the “Limited Warranty” applicable to your vehicle."

The three year structural warranty for Jayco towable products started with 2020 models. It does not include any previous models (per the Jayco website)
https://www.jayco.com/products/fifth...warranty-info/
I owned a Keystone product. When we looked we also considered Jayco. Settled for the Keystone. That was a mistake. So, this past spring DW and I went to a local RV show to find something to replace the Cougar. We were looking for an "extended stay" 5th wheel. Looked at the Cougar (again), Montana, Jayco and Solitude. One noticeable thing with the Thor products they all exhibit the same type of workmanship, and shortcuts. The Montana and Jayco should have stood out but didn't. There were no Forest River brands-Cedar Creek or Cardinal-on display. So, we took a chance on looking closer at the Solitude. And went back and forth comparing. Settled on the Solitude. Yes, I will agree they all have their issues. A friend of mine told me not too long ago, an owner of a Tiffin Allegro Bus, that we, the buyer, are the quality control department. Very true.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote