View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 05:35 AM   #52
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I would not drain the toilet bowl before traveling!! That bowl full of water is only thing keeping the seal from releasing very smelly gases from your black tank into the RV. Yes I know the tank is vented through the roof, but without water in the bowl covering that tiny rubber seal it's also highly possible it's also vented in the bathroom.
In over 40 years rving I've never had water splash out of the toilet during travel & if it didn't happen going across the worst highways ever in Louisiana it would never happen.
When away from home do you shut the water off to your toilet & drain the bowl/tank in your house, if not why do it in your RV?
If you feel the need to release the pressure off the water lines before travel open a faucet, but leave the water in the toilet.
travelin texans: I have to drain the water out of the bowl or else I end up with water all over the bathroom floor from sloshing...... my issue was discussed at length on this forum back in 2013 when I purchased the TT.

The design of the 310 toilet bowl does not have a ridge at the top such as a house toilet. Since the toilet is in the rear of my TT, the "bounciest" part of a TT water sloshes out while traveling..... so draining is a must.

To address your concern with the smell, I seal the toilet bowl with Saran wrap before I drain the bowl thus no noxious smells are emitted to the interior.

As to your question concerning the toilet bowl in my house being drained.... "No"....I don't drain the bowl as my house doesn't bounce down the highway at 60mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy trails.

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is online now   Reply With Quote