View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet28 View Post
Been to the u.p. many times and only once was bothered by bugs, black flies. Not everyone looks at a situation the same. Some would complain if they saw a mosquito

We spend at least a month or more in the UP every summer and we make a "spring fishing trip" to a very, VERY (did I mention that it's VERY) remote lake in the UP. Every year we're attacked by swarms of deer flies, black flies, mosquitoes and ticks. We don't seem to be able to escape them, even in the boat when on the water. Most outdoor activity around the trailer is confined to the screen room and we go through at least one bottle of Deep Woods Off as well as half a bottle or more of Avon Skin So Soft.

That doesn't deter us from planning the next trip as we "swat bugs" on the current trip. We've already got plans for next year and have ordered the replacement fishing lures that we used/lost this year. We'll wait until spring to replace the Avon and Off so we have the "freshest available" as we head north !!!!

I suppose my comments were more a "tongue in cheek reminder" to not forget the bug spray, you'll need it if you venture into the "wilds of the UP".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote