Thread: bought a 239ML
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #32
theboneskes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
After several years without an RV. The wife and I got the itch again. I wanted something that would be very easy on my silverado 1500 and the Wife insisted on bunks for Grandbabies. This seems like a perfect fit. The dealer was 3 hours away. The local salesman wouldnt even counter my offer. So after he spent all morning showing us around He loses to a salesman who didnt have to do a thing but answer the phone and say yes.

The Silverado towed it with ease. 2/3 full of fresh water and full of propane the truck hitch barely went down. 30 psi in the airbags leveled it perfect and away we went. I dont see the need for a WDH as of yet.

Stayed at a local campground that night compliments of the dealer to shake it out. It even rained for us to do a leak check. All was good ( for an RV that is) We have showed this industry we will still buy them even with quality issues so I keep the bar kind of low.

Here is the point to be made... your truck cost you around 45 to 50k right? Trailer another 15 to 20... a $600 hitch wont break the bank! Just because your Chevy can, doesnt mean it should!

Guys here are trying to help you, not hinder you. Anything over 5000 pounds should have a WDH, period!

I wouldnt tow with anything but an Equalizer E4. Have had others, and nothing comes close.
Prodigy P1 Brake Controller
Used to own: 2006 Jayco 29FBS
theboneskes is offline   Reply With Quote