View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

The "generic" electric slide mechanism owners manual is located here:

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Ow...ideout-web.pdf

Go to page 11 and read the part about adjusting the room so it seals in the IN position....

While your slide may not be the specific one that's in this manual, essentially all of Lippert's electrical slide units operate and adjust very much the same way.

What I think is happening is that on your slide, it is travelling in too far and making the motor pull too much torque before it stops moving and starts to ratchet (the clicking you hear when it stops moving). Since it travels in a bit too far, the motor is not strong enough to push the slide out past that "stuck point". If you adjust the slide so it doesn't move in quite as far (maybe only 1/8" or so) it won't bind and will work better...

Read the above link on page 11 and see what you think. If you're not mechanically inclined to do the adjustment yourself, maybe you can find someone to help you??? Or just crawl under your RV and look around, take the manual out there with you and make notes, Once you have a better understanding of what's there and how it works, it really is a simple system.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

I just reread the Lippert manual. I see your trailer is a 2010. Lippert's warranty is for 3 years from date of sale for the actuator assembly, It might still be covered by the Manufacturer's warranty. Do some checking on your own before you approach the dealer with that bit of information. Read the warranty information on the link I posted above, it may be your solution to this issue (if asjustment isn't the answer).

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote