Thread: The KOA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
cumminsdad08

we Just returned from the "Allentown" (really more like New Tripoli) KOA: (4) they advertise in allentown, but really about 30 min west of allentown,(which worked for us). it was very nice, alcohol free which was a nice change up. they are very strict with rules tho, which is fine buy us cause we are too wifi was very good, prolly cause the place is very small. we were in site 56 which was right along the creek, and was very wide, but kinda short. i almost needed cones for the front of the trailer. seemed like a nice mix up of seasonals and transits. the playgrounds were extreamely nice and kept the children busy for sevral hours. they do have a hiking trial with a really crappy "senic overlook". i didn't see a peice of trash sit very long at all. the empolyee's were on top of everything. we didn't take the pup with this time, we were rushed out of the house after work, but i did take notice that the doggie area was really out of the way, actually it was in the drive way "outside" of the campground, so it was prolly a good idea to leave her home this time. the wash house's were at the office, which i would have thought to be a little out of the way. they claimed to have a "satalite restroom" but we never did find that one. i would have given this campground a 5 but there really wasn't a whole lot to do, but watch the kids play and sit around the fire. which isn't a totally bad thing, but it does get old after a few hours. all in all it was nice. almost every review i have seen was not very good, but dont' let them scare you away. we stayed here on a buy one night get one night free. we will return, again, at somepoint.

as a side note, we went to the lehigh valley zoo, and it was small, but by far the best zoo we been too yet. only 10 mins away
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)