View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
hankaye

jq1031, Howdy;

Biggest chunk of advise is to STAY OFF OF PARKWAYS!!!
They have LOW overpasses. Semis and other HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES ARE PROHIBITED! RV's qualify as High profile vehicles... The fines are very stiff and the cost to replace the roof of your RV would be large as well.
Unless you think the idea of a convertable RV is cool?

Going North on I-95 Go East around D.C. then Go WEST around Baltimore. The East side has a tunnel and NO PROPANE TANKS ALLOWED!!!
You'll pay tolls to cross the Susquehanna River, and all of Delaware (short ride). Then again in N.J. and on an off again all thru the Northeast.....

If you don't want to go thru the Bronx (I-95N and George Washinton Bridge), find a way to get to I-287 (Tappan Zee bridge). That will take you over the top of NYC and rejoin I-95N about 1 mile from Ct. It's only approx. 15 miles longer but it saves years of stress.

If you want more scenic, then when you find I-287N take it to I-87N (N.Y. State Thru-Way), You could take I-84E thru Ct. and connect you with I-90E at Sturbridge, Mass. Or go further North to I-90E (turns into the Mass. Turnpike, more costly), to Boston. Then take either I-495N or get closer to Boston then take I-295N. They both rejoin I-95N just South of N.H.

Just a few thoughts to consider...

hankaye

Yes, I drove semi's thru there, ....... numerious times.

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote