View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #92
Ken / Claudia

Post #89, Aaron Oregon is a lot like Texas. Some on here won't believe a motor vehicle, PUC and motor carrier truck cop, but trust the 2 states they are very much alike. BUT, ALMOST (that means not all) all of that information is directed at MOTOR TRUCKS not pickups. A motor truck is a vehicle 10,000lbs or larger to 26,000 lbs designed to carry a product not passengers. As I said in earlier posts, in Oregon the owner of a 10,000lb plus motor truck and a limited number of pickups must pay for what weight they tell DMV their GVWRs are yearly. DMV takes their word. A 16,000 lb truck is around 400 per year. In this state you are being suckered out of road taxes because many under report on themselves, many buy a passenger plate. Look at all cargo trucks, flatbed, utility bed trucks next time your driving on any road. If they have dual rear tires, are a business vehicle and have the Oregon passenger license plate they are not paying their way. They must have a yellow license plate that starts with T and has numbers after. Those are truck plates. A T plate at 10,000lbs is over 2x that of your pickup for registration fees. Even state troopers do not enforce that law much, there are just too many of them out there and it is a DMV problem. Ever wonder why our roads are so bad?
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote