View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #24
NotyetMHCowner

Before we bought our fiver we were convinced that we did not want one. So, we said we owe it to ourselves to look at fifth wheels first to eliminate them from the decision process. After looking at them and then back to the bumper pulls, we fell in love with the "homey" feel and storage in the fifth wheel.

Many people we talked with before hand said they wouldn't want a fifth wheel because of loosing all the truck bed space for camping gear (these were people that never owned a fifth wheel). The difference to me is that all that crap that I had to load and unload in the truck bed EVERY camping trip now easily fits in the basement storage and stays there all the time. We are hitched up and ready to go much quicker with the fifth wheel than when we had a TT.

Yes you may have to purchase a larger truck and that may not be in the cards. For us, our older 1/2 ton truck was at its max anyway and we knew we wanted a bigger and much heavier camper (for the build quality) so we were in the market for a bigger truck anyway. Im so glad we went with a dually (it is my daily driver too) for the added capacity.

Also, Im 6'5" and a fifth wheel feels much better to live in than did our TT. Bigger tanks, much more storage, better towing stability, huge basement storage (our Montana High Country has the dropped frame for the bigger basement storage; it is massive). They are not for everyone, but we will never go back to a TT.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote