View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #27
Sputlegin

I believe I've found my leak!

I confirmed a fairly large amount of water is entering from the drip step at the bottom of the door.

I stuck paper towels in three areas. One on the wall and two on each corner of the door. No water on the one under the wall.

I sprayed the door for about 5 or 6 seconds and opened it once the water stopped dripping. Water had pooled in the corner (see pics) and started to soak the paper towel underneath the step on the forward corner of the door. This was where most of the water seemed to soak the floor and where bare wood would sit. I would guess 30 seconds or so of spraying would soak the entire paper towel.

In addition to this, the foam rubber seal at the bottom of the door is not tight against the darco which leads me to believe that water is also entering while driving on wet roads.

Really poor design.

My plan is to support the step underneath with some synthetic lumber ripped to fit where the wood was originally. I've removed the shock (which I believe was causing the sealant to degrade) then I will re seal the step to the door frame. This should eliminate the water.

We didn't get the rain we were expecting but I sprayed the entire trailer all over and even washed it to get ready for new sealant. Looks like that's the only spot that water is entering. The rest should be waterproofed well.

Cheers all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_144810.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	23219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-222611_Gallery.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	23220   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-222649_Gallery.jpg