View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
Wanderlust

Brand new to the forum

Howdy! I've just become a member of the forum. We have been actively trailering for almost 30 years now and love this great country. We've grown from a tiny trailer about the same size as a Scamp, which we called our "Bedrock Boulder", because it looked it was from the Flintstones. Next was a 21-foot, a 31-foot and a 33-foot travel trailer. We finally have our first 5th wheel! YAY!
We are terribly pleased with all the pleasant and wonderful replies that so many folks have had with their various problems. I really hope that we can get the same help here. We have just purchased a 2004 Everest 361P that is needing just a bit of TLC. The main problem is the black holding tank valve. I cannot get it to close with the cable handle. YUCK! I am hoping someone would have an idea where the gate valve is located and how the cable is secured to prevent it from buckling (which is suspect it is). I know it's somewhere behind that underbelly fabric that is sealed up to prevent rodents and weather problems, but I cannot bring myself to cut it open to just randomly poke around up in there to find the valve. Does anyone have a specific location for me to start looking at?
Another problem is that the floor squeaks and groans just before the step-down into the rear kitchen area as well as in the upstairs bath area. I am suspecting loose flooring, but am not confident. How can I bolster these areas and how can I actually get in there to do so?
Any ideas regarding these two problems would be greatly appreciated! Glad to be aboard and hope to be able to help others as time goes by.
Wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote