Thread: Warranty work
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #5
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportingrh View Post
Why does it take so long to get warranty work done on a new keystone sold by CW. I can't use my fifth wheel because of leaking toilet, and awning that is separating from side of rv. Much does it cost for a ball valve and some screws.
According to RV Business, CW's 2Q sale were up 20% to $1.3 billion! http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/08/ca...to-1-3-billion
"In comparing second quarter results compared with the comparable period in 2016, new vehicle units sold increased 38.2% to 21,930 and the average selling price of a new vehicle decreased 4.5% to $34,787."
Nearly 22,000 new units sold in just 3 months!! "The company operated a total of 137 retail locations" during this period. Simple math, each store averaged 160 units for the quarter. We all know too well what the usual warranty issues are with new RV's. I would guess the majority of these 160 units went in for some kind of warranty work after the sale. How many service bays does the average CW have?? How long does the average repair actually take once the approvals are received? It's a pretty good bet CW is indicative of most dealers in terms of sales numbers and warranty work. With numbers like these it's a wonder that any service can be scheduled with any idea of a reasonable timeline.
We are starting to look at mobile RV repair sources as well as third party repair shops.
Huge sales numbers are great for the industry but not so great for us owners
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_9999.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	13654  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is online now   Reply With Quote