View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
rjrelander

You didn't say what you are pulling but leaf springs through eTrailer are anywhere from $20 to $80 plus about $110 to $270 for same day shipping to Fairbanks. I don't suppose that's overnight however and not sure if any of the eTrailer leaf springs are direct replacements for any of the Keystone trailers. It's Alaska though, you might be able to find a local trailer shop in the Fairbanks area that will hook you up with something equivalent (or even better) to get you back on the road and home.

EDIT: Is $3500 the rate for putting your rig up on a flatbed and shipping it from Fairbanks to Dallas? I'm not familiar with the rates or what would be involved in doing something like that if that is what you are talking about. I remember meeting a family while traveling in Alaska back in 1982. They were waiting for transmission parts for their motor home and living in a gravel pit off of the main highway while they waited.

EDIT EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that it broke on the Dalton Highway. That's one long bad-a$$ stretch of road. It's usually in pretty good condition though unless you hit a rough spot. Did you take it all the way north or just part way out and back? How far did you travel with the broken leaf before you got to Fairbanks?

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote