View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
JimSchwenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I disagree with this. A good dealer will tell you that during your PDI, but when you're a newbie its not hard to forget that tip. Video taping your PDI will help you remember everything they explain.

However, in the OP's situation, there was no dealer PDI and probably very little guidance from the trailer's owner, so its totally understandable that he didn't know.

Personally, I don't trust the auto-dump feature and just setup my awning to be low on the side furthest from our single door.

Kudos to you dwall, for being a good neighbor!
I use a cheap rubber bungie on the aft end, away from the door. One hook over the bottom end of the cheap hardware that holds it to the camper, and the other just past the hinge on the arm, so it holds it "down" about halfway. Then the rain runs off the other end where nobody is stretched out relaxing.

If I tie down both ends, the door rubs when you open it, so I just do the one end. Looks a bit strange, but it works for me. Just remember to make removing it part of your "secure the camper" checklist so you don't hit the retract button with the strap on there.
JimSchwenk is offline   Reply With Quote