View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
RV Driver Ed

Wait Time for New Ordered RV

Years ago I ordered a brand new F250 Pick-up truck. It was a new model that everyone wanted and every Ford dealer needed stock for inventory. I was told 6 to 8 weeks but it may be 12 weeks by the time we get it. Well 5 months to the day of ordering it, the dealer received it. What a long wait.

Well moving along to 2018, May 5, I ordered a new Keystone Alpine 5th Wheel and was told 6-8 weeks on May the 5th and its now August 3, 2018 and still no trailer. I was told after it is built it goes to PDI and then after inspection it moves to transportation. According to Keystone the shipper has it as of July 25 and it's marked "HOT" (which means it's a sold ordered unit) but it has not left the yard as of today.

So at least from my experience's, I would not believe what the dealer tells you about an order time line, your almost better off to buy it off the lot unless you can wait and wait......

Camping season in the North East kind of ends November 1 or sooner depending upon where you go, I hope I get some quality time in my new RV in 2018.

2013 F150 Crew Cab, to go shopping and site seeing for now, how do you start one of those go fund me pages? #Ed's New Truck, Ha, Ha.
RV Driver Ed is offline   Reply With Quote