View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #62
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Performance update.... I went back to work yesterday after a nice 4 day Thanksgiving Holiday weekend and took the jetpack 8800L with me, battery charged and ready to go. First order of business was to tether my tablet to the Jetpack and run a speed test. So here we go......35-36 Meg down and around 15-16 Meg up. During the course of the day, I ran the speedtest app several more times and got basically the same results everytime. If I remember correctly, the slowest upload speed was 31 Meg and the slowest download speed was 13 Meg. I had been worried all weekend long about the new Jetpack, as the signal at my house is not very good and I was not seeing very good numbers coming from the Jetpack tether. Once I go to a place that had a good signal from Verizon though, it was giving the numbers that it should have been doing. So far, so good and I'm pretty happy with my decision to get it. As a note, I have the Jetpack 8800L on a Prepaid Unlimited plan with no hard data caps in place.
After you have used this a while hopefully you can provide another update. As we were preparing for this trip I was looking for a solution for all the places that we hit where wifi is either poor or non existent. One of the top considerations was to use my cell service as a hot spot. I contacted Verizon (my cell carrier) about an unlimited plan, not for the cell but with a JetPack. After explaining what we do; when traveling, or any other time actually, we only watch Netflix so our use would be watching Netflix from the hotspot each day. When I explained this to the Verizon rep. he said one JetPack would not work because at 15gb the speed would be throttled back and Netflix would not stream. The solution? Buy/lease 5 (FIVE) JetPacks and pay the monthly fee for unlimited data on each!! I told him he obviously had to understand that wasn't a viable solution...which he did. I called back in to see if he was full of it and another person told me the same thing. Are we talking about the same service??
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote