View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #35
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjullrich View Post
I don't believe that I made any claim to having the "answer" to anything at all. Nor do I make that claim now or ever. Also, you may read whatever you care to in my statement, however being the actual author of the statement, I made NO such implication. You decided to take it in a negative way - not me. It was simply a statement of how things went for me. BTW, those who speak of ignorance are generally well versed in it themselves. I believe that my opinions and experiences are just that - MINE, And, I will share them as I wish. Now, go insult someone else who might give a damn

Sorry if you felt insulted, it wasn't intended. I tried to point out that your choice of wording actually put down lots of folks that check their air pressure daily and watch their speed - your statement would imply they didn't. How else would "you" be successful doing that while so many have had failures? And, Trailer Kings (China bombs) have caused catastrophic damages to several members; you actually imply that could have been averted by doing what you do - " Maybe because I kept them aired properly and stayed within their speed ratings. Just decided not to push my luck."

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge; what I felt might be the problem by the statement made and why I referenced other mitigating factors other than speed and pressure. Ignorance is not a bad thing unless you choose to not grow your knowledge.

I too really like this forum, the friendship and the knowledge. We have to, as best we can, express ourselves in a way that gets the message across without offending...too much. Having had to write MANY documents over my lifetime to MANY different groups with various perspectives I can tell you that your statement; " Also, you may read whatever you care to in my statement, however being the actual author of the statement, I made NO such implication. You decided to take it in a negative way - not me." - needs some thought. YOU need to know what I'm going to read into your words and what you actually said; it is irrelevant if you think your words are negative...it's the audience you need to think about. But, enough of that.

Don't go away mad. This is a great group and we want to share thoughts and experiences - we all grow from them. I wasn't offended by your post, just wanted to point out the implication of your words. We also have to understand what we write and the meaning; accepting any feedback without being insulted. And, life IS too short, stay on board or just go have fun.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote