View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
caberto

Batteries drain when on shore power

Hi all,

I'd like to thank all of you for all the useful information on this forum.

After much searching, weight considerations and other things I've learned on this forum, we picked up our new 2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB and went for our first outing on Wed - Sat. All was great, with the exception of the two marine batteries not charging when we were plugged into the campground's power. The other (non-12 volt) electrical components worked fine, but the lights, and other 12 volt items stopped working after a few hours. I had to connect to the truck for short periods (with engine on) to charge the batteries and get the 12 volt system working. Thankfully I got no complaints from our camping neighbors.

I have an appt tomorrow (Monday) at the dealer to get this rectified. After speaking with one of their service guys. He said there might be a battery by-pass lever, but all the places he indicated it might be had no lever. He suggested it may be the converter/charger/control panel/fuse box... it didn't come with "the two fuses for the converter in the fuse box" but I added fuses in those slots with his guidance, and still nothing.

We had our walk through before we took delivery, and everything worked fine then, but I guess the batteries were fresh and all was working at that time.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions on this so I'm not totally ignorant on this matter ;-)

I'm hoping it's an easy fix that won't take long to resolve.

Aside from having to connect to the truck about 2-3 times a day, we did have a great time, and can see that we will enjoy our new 5th wheel!

Thanks!
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote