Thread: Tires Pricing
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 02:28 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Maybe it is just me, but no way would I put/trust $67 tires on my 5er!
I prefer to put the same tires on my 5er, as my TV. Our 5er has a GVWR of 12,360# I removed the OEM LT235/85-16E, and replaced with LT235/85-16E Yokohama YK-HTX. Yes they run close to $200 a tire, but fully trust them to their 3,042# capacity as fast as I could pull this trailer, 80mph+, not that I do that.
Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see the difference in buying Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires (PN 6H04621) for $67 each at WalMart or buying the same tire (PN 6H04621) from Allied Tire Company for $149. It's the same tire from the same manufacturer processed through the same warehouse and delivered by the same truck to a different store. Other than the door you walk through to get inside, it's the same tire purchase. I don't know about anyone else, but if I find something on sale for less than half the price, I consider it a good buy (if I need it) and keep my extra money for a "rainy day". I'm generally not in the habit of donating my funds to anyone so my wallet is lighter and theirs is heavier.

So, I fail to see where your concern about using $67 tires has any bearing on buying tires. Now as for using LT tires, if you really think they are better, then by all means, install them annually if it makes you happy, but for everyone who has posted on the forum, buying Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires has not been a mistake.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote