View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Our softener is always hooked up. I don't think we've ever been where the water has been very soft, but at the in-law's, where we have a full hookup site on their property, the water isn't hard and the water still doesn't feel overly soft. Soft water takes a little to get used to, but the feeling that the soap hasn't rinsed off is just that, a feeling, and it really does rinse off and you get used to just rinsing until the visible soap is gone. I think the softener charge lasts longer when in good water areas, but can't prove that. Just the fact that the mineral crud isn't building up in the plumbing is well worth the feeling of slippery wet skin that you think is still soapy.
Thanks. I'll note your observations. I'm a really picky sleeper, showerer, etc. I like things "my way" I guess. I have always disliked the "slippery" feeling because I thought I wasn't getting the soap off. I think it would take a different mind set to think that you were clean - but I'm open to looking into it. Thanks again for your thoughts. We use water filters everywhere we go and have had no problems with mineral build up on anything. That may change but so far nothing....on the other hand, at our s&b it is a major problem.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote