View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
RVparkreviews is not only a great source for finding parks/campgrounds, but reading some of the reviews gives me a good laugh. This person gave a particular park 1 star because "they didn't furnish free dog poop bags", 1 star due "the FREE WiFi was too weak to stream Netflix" or "too much highway noise".
If you have a dog buy your own bags, if you are counting on Netflix/WiFi for your viewing choice set yourself up to do so & I'd guess 90% of the privately owned parks are near the highway or railroad tracks plus if it were 5 miles off the highway they'd complain about having to drive too far.
My point is, don't skip staying somewhere due to some of the lame excuses reviewers give on there, it's a great travel tool.
Anymore most parks run very slow wifi speeds. We don't watch regular TV - wastes TOO much of our time with ads etc. We do however stream Netflix when we can. Most parks now limit that ability. When we stay for long periods I have the local company install my own internet service....super. No crap with overloaded bandwidth, obscure antennas etc.

Anyone complaining about highway noise, when choosing a campground on an interstate....well.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote