View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #41
cookinwitdiesel

My personal experience researching everything to death and going inside a lot of TT models at 3 different dealerships and one show back in September:

High-end lines: Sprinter, Outback, Laredo

Mid-range: Hideout, Cougar

Low-end: Springdale

I did not go inside EVERY model line but it was pretty clear what the "rankings" were.

I actually found the Hideout to be kind of an interesting value. It IS low priced but is somewhat nicely appointed I thought. We found an awesome deal on our 28RKS ($19k new) which made it an excellent starting out trailer for my family (first RV). The under mounted metal sink went a long way with me and my perception of quality. Porcelain toilet is also nice. The new hideouts include a power tongue jack and moryde steps too which I am jealous of! I did end up upgrading my manual jack to a power jack.

Some things to consider that it is easy to overlook when shopping:
-Quality of cabinet construction
-Flex in flooring due to construction
-Framing and sidewall materials

We bought our Hideout at the end of fall and actually have yet to camp in it but I expect to use it for a couple years before the urge to upgrade overcomes me I anticipate is ending up in either an Outback (there is a 330RL at our local CW that I have sat in a few times, it is slick) or a GD Reflections - they are a well regarded brand. The Laredo is also a good option with a lot more floor plans than the Sprinter line. Two things I really like on the Laredo is they have awesome outdoor kitchens and those nice big showers.

It is important to identify what floor plan will make the most sense for your needs and then identify what brands have a similar floor plan. If you look around enough online you will start to see there are really only like 5 floor plans that get recycled shamelessly by the RV companies.

Something else to take into account, there are a lot of small upgrades you can do that will greatly improve the appearance and perceived luxury of your trailer. A couple such upgrades I did in mine included metal (looking but still plastic) fixtures for the bathroom sink and shower along with a new shower hose and head. I did also add an igniter to my stove because spending nearly $20k to light a stove with a match just grated me. The mattress was embarrassing and had to be replaced.

Hope that helps some!
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote