View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #19
bfisher003

I hope you enjoy your Bullet 269RLS as much as we have enjoyed our 2016 269RLS the past two years. We pull ours with a ‘13 F150 Platinum Screw 4x4 with the 3.5 Ecoboost engine and Max Tow with 3.73 EL rear using a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH. We’ve towed it 30,000 miles so far, mostly around out West, including from Florida to Alaska and back last summer. We’ve had a few problems, but by and large it’s been mostly trouble free. On our way to Alaska last year I did hit a frost heave a bit hard and ripped the right rear spring hanger right out of the frame. Had it fixed in Tok, AK. However, it caused some other damage that did not truly show up until March of this year when on our return from a trip out West, just east of San Antonio the mono spring on the right rear axle broke. We limped to a campground in Luling, TX and spent the next six days there. Could not find one of those mono springs anywhere and it was going to take two weeks plus to get a new one from Keystone, so we replaced all four springs with stronger multi-leaf springs. Also, the rear axle was bent slightly and we had to replace it. One thing to keep in mind—ultra-lights are lighter for a reason. You simply would not believe how thin the steel is in the frame. So, treat it gently and it should give you good service. We really enjoy ours. I’ve done a lot of mods to it to better serve us.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote