View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 05:41 AM   #16
TheGriz

Before my DW and I had children, I heard parents say the kids get big too quickly. I couldn't wrap my head around that claim seeing the little rugrats clinging to your leg, whining, crying, etc. Guess what, my two boys, now young men at 27 and 24, got big too quickly as they are both up, out, and successful!!!

When the kids were growing up, a good weekend for Pattie and I was getting away from the kids for the weekend! NOW...a great day is getting TOGETHER with the kids. Retirement is great, but I can honestly say, I enjoyed every day with my sons as they matured. And every stage of their childhood brought new memories. I encourage one to enjoy the time with family while young...as one can't get those times back.

Having said all that and the years have passed, retirement IS great!!! Its not just about ourselves, but also giving back. Volunteerism is good in many ways. I and my K9 partner Jeter are a unit in our regional Search and Rescue Team (very time consuming and keeps me in shape). I also volunteer to build handicap ramps at no fee to needing clients to extend their quality of life not being constrained to the house. Payback is the good feeling knowing I helped a person or family in need.

Retirement sure is great (oh...I already said that) and RVing is becoming a larger part of it...started this past summer!!!

Life is good,
Mike

P.S. Chuck...thank you!!!

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote