View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:24 AM   #14
jsmith948

In one of your videos you pointed out that the dust cap and the end of the hub around the outer bearing contained an excessive amount of grease. Your videos also showed quite a lot of grease on the brake shoes and magnet. IMHO, this was the direct result of someone (probably at the dealer) having used the infamous E-Z Lube feature of your Dexter axle. If you do a forum search, you will find several threads/posts about the unreliability of this system.
The first time I re-packed our wheel bearings, I found grease that had 'extruded' past the wheel seal and hung like a black curtain from the hub. Luckily, it had not dropped off onto the brake parts so I was able to clean it up with brake-clean, repack the bearings and replace the seals. Some folks will say they love and swear by the E-Z Lube feature, but, FWIW I only hand pack the bearings - NEVER use the grease zerk to try to pressure feed grease into the hub. Don't know for sure if this was your cause, but I'd be willing to bet that it was. Just sayin"

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote