View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #18
rcmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosede View Post
One of my propane tanks disappeared over the winter and the other one is empty. My guess is someone is borrowing them. They borrowed the first one, drained it and is now working on the seconded on. Hopefully, they'll return the seconded one before camping season. I would rather pay for the refills, than have to buy a new one as well and fill it. A 30 pound tank will cost me over $100 to purchase, initialize and fill.

Anyway, I don't want to make a habit of this, so I would like to secure my tanks. I've been looking at high quality bicycle chain/locks. Kryptonite makes very high quality chains that can't be easily cut without power tools. I can chain the two tanks together, but what will keep someone from unscrewing the top and just taking both tanks?

I'm sure that I'm not the first to have tanks stolen. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
It might be a pain for you, but I would suggest just taking them home with you while your rig is in storage. A thief is going to get it if he wants it no matter lock or not.