View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #7
Ken / Claudia

Rhagfo, your right about braking during or in a curve. Don't do it, do all braking before the curve and apply the throttle after about half way though it. It is real smooth and controllable. I do it all the time, best to practice it in every vehicle I drive. The other important thing about a curve is the line you take though it. That takes a lot of explaining. Sort version is you can go high, low, high through the curve like some race cars. It's real hard to master. Best, quickest, safest way is high, high, low. That means you drive on the outside of the lane at the start through half way, then go tight inside as you speed up. I also practice that most times while driving, even towing. So on a right curve you travel near the left edge, not in the center of the lane. Continue til exiting the curve and then travel near the right edge of the lane not the center.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote