View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #16
kmgeer

Bearing issues, twice now....

We have a 2014 Cougar 24' travel trailer. I discovered by chance an issue with our bearings while getting ready for an upcoming trip when I noticed the center cap was missing from one of the wheel hubs. Upon closer inspection I could see pieces of the bearing buddy laying sideways inside the hub. We contacted the dealer who ended up sending a service tech to our house and found that 3 of the 4 wheels all had these same bearing issues. They replaced the bearings under warranty (at that time we had our trailer for less than a year so it was covered regardless). This was all in September 2014. After another short trip just this last weekend we got home and this time I could smell a burning smell. Felt one of the hubs, burning hot to the touch. This was only about a 40 mile trip. Defective bearings again, dealer is working on it as we speak but I have no idea if they will cover this one under warranty again or not. I found the thread to the Keystone recall on this forum last year right after the first bearing failure, and ours was one of the units affected. Thank god I did find it because we never received a letter or any other kind of notification from Keystone OR from our dealer in regards this recall. Anyone else having these kinds of issues with Keystone? Our dealer has tried to be very fair with us, but the rep I had been in contact with at Keystone (Ann Flagg if anyone is interested) quit responding or acknowledging my emails after the first bearing failure. So disappointed for the kind of money we are paying for this unit, but have to admit other than the crappy customer service from Keystone we love the layout and the style of our trailer. Just wish we haven't had some of the quality issues we have had.
kmgeer is offline   Reply With Quote