View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
Retired Copper

I am just going to lay it out there. The trailer in my in my picture is a PassPort 2670 30.6 feet long dry weight 5360. Pulled it with a 2013 F150 5.0 3:55 gears with the heavy tow package not the max tow. The tires on the truck had to be upgraded to Lt tires the shocks had to be up graded and the e2 just did not handle the 30 foot length. On anything that long you need a better hitch something with more sway control. After the upgrades the truck done fine as long as you stayed under a certain speed the faster you pulled it the more the wind effected it. On two lane roads at speeds 50 to 55 it was a dream. Once on the interstate you could tell it was back there in certain situations but livable with the upgrades. The tow guide had my F150 rated at 7600 lbs but pulling a camper I would never want to pull a trailer that length over about 6500lbs. This is just my 2 cents worth of advise. I knew from pulling a camper what I wanted and wasn`t total happy with the set up, doable and felt safe but just wasn`t what I was looking for. Good luck but towing doesn`t have to be a stressful experience. I think I have read somewhere where fastway recommends anything over 26 feet they recommend four points of sway control. I sent you a pm on what I did.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote