View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Uncledavey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Last Tuesday I got our Companion hitch put in the truck, Wednesday picked up the camper from the dealer (holy cow, we own a camper!), and Friday after school went for our first trip. We only went about 3.5 hrs from home, but found a wonderful little campground.

For a first trip, it was great. Everything worked in the camper that we tried (after reading posts, I was a little scared). The only head scratcher is the electric portion of the water heater having the outside switch and the inside switch - weird, but we did know that at least. It stayed dry inside even though it rained Saturday afternoon/night. Whew! And, I figured out a few modifications that are headed our way - SmartTile backsplash, new shortened cupboard door so can have shoe storage by door, shelves in the closet by the bed, remodeling sheets to stay on the kids bunks better, and of course LED lights we've ordered. We also have a fairly short list of things we forgot on this trip, first of which is chairs for by the fire at night.

To wrap up the weekend, no accidents emptying the black tank even though I was videoing DH with my phone just in case...
Awesome! Congrats. We have the same model and will be taking our first trip next weekend (if you don't include the three day trip to get it home). Question for you...does your bathroom to bedroom sliding door close flush against the slide out? I posted about this last week but no one else has the same model. Just curious.
Uncledavey is offline   Reply With Quote