View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Pappydude

Black water valve leaking

I have a 2012 Cougar 318SAB and found out just before I stored it for the winter that the black water valve wouldn't close tightly. I suspect it's gone bad. I removed part of the carriage undercover, then carefully moved the foil insulation so I could see where the valve fits into the pipe - but didn't want to tackle the issue until I got more info and/or found out how difficult it is as a DIY. Yes I know the tank is empty and flushed several times and followed the recommendations for winterization. The earliest I'd tackle this, if I do it myself, would be March or April since I live on the West Coast.
Anyone know how difficult this job would be? I presume taking out enough bolts to allow me to cut the undercarriage cover and the foil insulation sufficiently to allow access to the valve gate and then removing the valve assembly itself. Not knowing what to expect when I get that far, any suggestions would be helpful. I intend to use Gorilla tape, 3" wide to re-tape the cuts to the undercarriage cover and the foil insulation. Or I could pay the $300 or more the dealer was asking.......I have time, I don't have the $$.
Pappydude
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote