View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #26
BadmanRick

Hay Campy I had a similar problem with my Toyota Tundra when it came with the factory Break controller. I had a prodigy on my old tundra which works totally different than the Factory controller. The factory controller works directly with the breaks of the truck. They are calibrated to make a smooth stop with the trailer. I had to have Toyota reprogram my controller to work properly. Now they work great.
The prodigy controller feels different because it uses a pendulum and is a LOT MORE SENSITIVE than the factory controller. It can be Jerky sometimes. The factory controllers usually use a slight time delay to give the smooth stop. I would have your truck dealer check and see if they have an update for your factory controller. You should still be able to get a manual lockup on your factory controller. If not have truck dealer check output of the break controller. I purchased my own test equipment for the trailer connector and breaks. I found a dirty plug made a big difference in the breaks. I check mine before I go camping so I have no problems.
Hope this helps.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote