View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #29
KC10Chief

Great post! I am a retired Air Force flight engineer. I retired at the end of 2017. We aren't living full time yet since our 12 year old daughter is still at home, obviously. But my wife and I have been talking about it for years!

I currently live in Oklahoma City. The closest military base is Tinker AFB. The fam camp there is pretty sad in my opinion. It would be okay for stopping for a day or two. But there's a lot of traffic nearby and a LOT of traffic flying overhead. There is a shoppette that is walking distance and a small pond. Some walking trails right there as well. Vance AFB is about 90 miles NNW of here and I don't believe they have a famcamp at all. Then there's Ft. Sill down in SW Oklahoma. They have some fantastic camping on base there. Beautiful views there as there are some small mountains and lakes nearby. Lots of wildlife like buffalo, longhorn cattle, and prairie doge nearby.

I was also stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska for five years of my career. They have several very nice famcamps on base as well as Ft. Richardson. If you are wanting to stay in the Anchorage area, the famcamps there are excellent. Big trees and beautiful areas. I was always trying to convince the single guys I was stationed with to live in an RV at famcamp! HA! There is also the Seward military resort in Seward, AK. It's one of the prettiest places on earth. They have RV parking as well as lodging and tours. Fishing tours, snowmobile (snow machine in AK) tours, etc. It's a fantastic place to stay.
ProPride 3P-1400 hitch.
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote