View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #26
CWtheMan

USAF New Boston Recreational Area, NH

The New Boston Air Force Station is a United States Air Force facility located in Hillsborough County in south central New Hampshire. Unfortunately, they are never reliable and right now none of their RV parking sites are available for use. They have never been able to insure complete disposal of the mysterious unexploded WWII munitions that may still be there (somewhere).

Once upon a time we enjoyed the opportunity to spend 10 days there. That’s about all we could do because of the lack of black water disposal. The dump station was more than a mile away and uphill. I was not going to haul my 30 gallon blue boy up and down that road.

The base is quite isolated with almost no amenities. But, it was a wonderful place to just chill and enjoy the abundance of late springtime wild animal activities. Of course we were not supposed to fish in the beautiful clear pond right at our door steps. I guess they don’t watch via satellite because we had lots of nice fresh fish for dinners while there.

There is still camping allowed but no utilities of any sort. Pack in your water. When we were there we had 30 AMP service and fresh water and were allowed to run a gray water hose into a low area 50’ behind the trailer. (I had one of those unusual 60’ blue hoses).

If you’re up in that neck of the woods you can refer to the link below for possible changes in availability.

https://www.militarycampgrounds.us/n...ecreation-area

This was our site right on the bank of a beautiful clear water pond.

CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote