View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #23
CWtheMan

Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL RV Park

We lived at Jacksonville, FL, off and on, for a combined 23 years. Our grand children and great grand children live there. We lived there when we sold everything and started our RV life on the road. This park was the very first place we parked our new trailer. Since then we must have stayed there more than a dozen times over the years.

I was never stationed at JAX. However, I worked there for the Navy for 10 years before we went RVing.

NAS JAX is a large compact base with all the expected amenities. Right across the street from the RV Park there is a 27 hole golfing facility with a full service restaurant. There is a full service marina with boat launching and mooring facilities. A full size Olympic swimming pool. There is a huge commissary and Navy Exchange facilities.
In the MWR link below in the lower right hand corner there is another link to a very nice PDF file about the RV Park.

https://www.navymwrjacksonville.com/...d-6a6e61bfb681

NOTE: The 2nd TV dish in the pictures belonged to the folks behind us. When we parked they could no longer get a signal so I loaned them 50' of TV cable and we moved their ant. next to ours.

The building in the background houses the free laundry, showers and restrooms. It's also where the free news papers are delivered daily.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote