View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 05:40 AM   #3
kraftee

In addition to capping or shutting off the tank vent on the Predator when using the extended run fuel tank kit, the instructions also make it plain that you must have the big tank higher than the the generator due to the fuel flow being strictly gravity/siphon. I initially thought it would easiest to simply leave the tank on the back rack of our Outback 324CG. However, the relatively short connecting hose meant that the generator was too close to our rear bedroom. Then there's the issue of rain. Predator recommends that some sort of cover be used over the generator in pouring rain (common sense, I guess.)

I initially looked into the available little pop-up style generator tents - but they're ridiculously expensive - and do nothing for helping get the ER tank up higher than the genset. I then decided to try to find a table of some sort. No luck finding the right size. So I decided to build a PVC pipe cover/tank support.

Used 3/4" schedule 40 pipe and connectors along with a sheet of 1/4-inch birch plywood and some zip ties. It's exactly the right size, plenty sturdy, and weighs practically nothing. In addition, I did not glue the legs in place so the unit comes apart for easy storage. Cost about $35 to build and if anyone is interested in the measurements, I am happy to post them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	18679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.JPG
Views:	988
Size:	264.7 KB
ID:	18680