View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #13
hankaye

Jetfixer03, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfixer03 View Post
Ok, stupid question. ..
We've camped about 15 times in our little 19 footer, but next week will be the first time ever we're camping with electrical hook up. (I'm giddy to have unlimited juice!) The campsite we've reserved shows 50 amp, we have 30 amp. I called and to ask if the pedistal had 30 and 50 plugs, they said they did. He didn't sound 100% sure, had to ask a co-worker. Im just curious, what % of the time do sites with 50 amp service have dual plugs vs needing an adapter?
Well, the only stupid question is the one that's not asked. All the rest are good'uns.

Been livin' in this 30 amp. Cougar for almost 7.5 years now. Several parks some
new others (including present), not so new nor so fancy-schmancy. The newer
ones and those that bill themselves as GLampering oriented will most likely
have the newer pedestals with the 50/30/20 set-ups. choose what ya need and go for it.
Others, Older not so likely to be in a spending race with the others in the area
will have one or the other, like where I'm parked. It used to be a mobile home
park/court/whatever, anyway the owner split the sites in half and now it has
alternating 30 & 50 amp sites. Mine is a 50 amp. site but I've got a dog-bone
connector
and have had zero problems from it for 3 years now.
I'll agree that testing it prior to hooking up is always a good idea and your wee-bity
19 footer should have almost zero problems.

I run an oxygen concentrator, an oscillating fan, A/C and my fridge on ac full time in
the heat of Summer (Southern N.M.). At times, when I want to microwave something,
I turn off the A/C (highest draw), then nuke the crap outta whatever then continue with
the A/C. Not any problems yet (touch wood).
As mine is only a mere 11' longer then yours I don't think you'll have as many
problems as you may think.

Enjoy the camper, address the problems as the occur, there shouldn't be many
and they should be (hopefully), spread very far apart.

hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote