View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #15
oldmanbill

So Flybouy, you think you know everything, read some of your posts, you really do. For several years I hauled LNG trailers, 11,000 gallons, all over the country. I am well trained and experienced in cryogenics, which LPG is also. Hazmat certified. In a fire department for 20+ years. Roughly 200 lb on a hitch rated at 5000 lb. Heavy steel backbone carries the tank not the handtruck, it only positions it. Straps holding it on rated for 1000 lb each. Well within federal specs. I would have no problem sitting a 1500 lb trailer on it. The only thing questionable is the few degrees forward lean which was done so the center of gravity helps hold it on. You must know little about engineering in steel. I could flip the truck and the tank would still be attached.

Not just me but many have the problem of transporting them. Law says they must be vertical so that the overfill releaf is in the 20% vapor and not liquid. Pickup truck sides are too low to properly support a 100# tank. Old school we just chucked a couple of tanks is the pickup on their side, but new laws.

The only joke here is your opinions. You said your piece, now go tell someone else their business.