View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeyres View Post
If you have a good insurance company the adjuster will inspect it, recommend some shops and you take it there and they will work together. That is what happened when I had $10,000 in damage. There was never an argument or question because the shop did what they had to do and the insurance company paid it. You can't just expect the insurance adjuster to accept anything the shop says because the shop will want to charge high, the adjuster pay low. Let them work together to get it fixed. You won't make money on the deal but you should be made whole. Too many people want to make a bonanza on the deal...and the insurance adjusters job is to make sure that doesn't happen.

I think the ultimate goal for the insured and the insurer is to meet at a point that meets both their goals. I've not had an insurance company "knowingly" try to screw me. I have had them send dips for adjusters that I had to walk through the basics of basically everything.

A "company" adjuster...you need to be aware of. They are "company" folks and their job is to pad the company line. Any more I've found that they are sending contracted adjusters....which so far have been fair as far as I've experienced. YOU have to know what's going on and be the one that pushes the direction of what happens.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote