View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
IRV2

Front Storage and Battery Weight

Question for you guys with big (heavy) battery banks. Do you reinforce the cargo floor and if so how?
I noticed in my front storage area the one under the front cap, that the metal floor is welded in several places and then screwed to the front just under the cargo door. A couple of weeks ago I moved one of my batteries to the front area with the other battery.
Today I noticed that the screws were getting really loose, so I moved the second battery so that it was along the welded portion of the metal floor it an attempt to distribute that weight better and closer to the main support. The metal floor does not rest on the "L" bracket but is underneath it and welded. There is no support on the front other than these little screws the go through sheet metal into 3/16" luan.
It got dark before I could take a pic of the batteries lengthwise instead of side to side. You can daylight between the floor and the front of cargo door. I did screw some self tappers to caught the aluminum bar that is on the bottom of the door structure I'll post those pics tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	15067   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	15068  

2018 Keystone Laredo 298RL
2003 Keystone Laredo 27RL