Thread: Slide
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 08:59 PM   #33
chuckster57
Site Team

If your slide is schwintek, that controller is there somewhere. Your “in command” will have a relay that applies 12VDC to the controller. Polarity determines which direction the motors turn.

Schwintek is used in Grand Designs Momentum, and it can be controlled from an app on a smart phone via “one touch” by LCI. Tiffen uses schwintek and can be controlled by a “spyder” system.

Take another look, that controller that I showed in the picture is what “controls” the movement of the slide. Only thing not showing in that picture is the 12VDC connections on the right side of the box.

You will have a cable that runs down the vertical surfaces on both sides of the slide. Common for the cables to go through the main floor near the slide wall and the controller will be mounted on the ceiling of the basement, or even in the front compartment depending on the actual layout of storage. We don’t sell Alpines so I can’t say exactly where it’s located, but I can assure you it is there somewhere. The schwintek system won’t operate without it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote