View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 07:33 AM   #9
Bigiron

Just posted in toy hauler section. I too just found some soft spots about palm sized right where my 2016 Impact 311 garage floor meets the rear frame on the right and left side. We do have two windows in the rear but I see no signs of water leaking from them and never see water during heavy rains. I am guessing it must be running down the door frame and wicking under the door threshold and the wood is drawing it in. I plan to give it the hose test to verify. Either way I plan to seal the door threshold on both sides.
The product I plan to use is Fasco 99 Stop Rot epoxy. The Fasco product is a great product and I have used it for years in many applications. I Plan to drill small holes into the end of and inject the epoxy. I am trying to avoid replacing the wood at this time and having to replace the coin flooring which is expensive and not readily available in small lengths. I will place a few jacks underneath the soft areas to put some upward pressure that will remove the slight sag as the epoxy dries. If I am not satisfied with the results, I will replace the entire piece of wood.
I'll post up my results.

2016 Impact 311
2002 F-250 7.3 (retired, but still own)
2016 F-350 6.7 Platinum
2010 EZGO
Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote