View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I have told myself if I do this again, I would consider CW just because of the nationwide locations. Good to hear there are some positive comments.
What do y'all think the percentage of company owned stores is?
It's my understanding that there are no "privately owned franchises" left in the CW chain. As a bit of history, they started sometime in the mid 60's with a RV parts store. Back then the "claim to fame" was $1 installation on anything. The store grew, they opened another and another, until the chain had several stores. I had read about them in the old Trailer Life magazine and had an opportunity to visit the Las Vegas store in the mid 70's. By then, the installation charges had increased to $5 for anything purchased in the store. I bought a air conditioner for our Jayco trailer, had planned to install it myself, but when they said they could install it "right now, for five dollars"... well... Two hours later, after paying the installation fee, I towed it out, complete with all wiring, parts and labor included.

Since then, they've grown by leaps and bounds, but no longer have that "all inclusive" installation special. Occasionally they will offer a special on installation of some items, often as low as $39, but it doesn't include parts needed to complete the job.

I found that the "corporate profit structure" puts the pricing for new RV's much higher than the competition, except for the Coleman line, which I believe CW has a significant ownership interest.

Anyway, give them a shot if there's a facility near you. From your experiences with your current dealership, the only way to go would have to be an improvement.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote