View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #40
GBR

Well, I found the general comments quite interesting with respect to getting warranty approvals from the manufacturer. Blaming the documentation or lack thereof or the quality supporting the claim is a reasonable assumtion but not necessarily the case. I have a 2017 Alpine 3011re that was only used this past winter for 90 day’s in Florida. While there, the kitchen grey tank overflowed into the belly of trailer and impossible to get fixed without great deal of hassel. Had it on film so great documentation and got approved repair from Keystone on May 5th,2018. Complained about the slides stopping multiple times before full extension. Dealer went to Keystone for approval to repair a bent bar the runs a lenght of the front of the slide. Repair refused. Dealer appealed as the could not understand why and still refused. I called Keystone and the lady said i did something to cause the damage and was classified as “incidental”. She also said the the engineers indicated that the mechanism was perfect when it left the factory. No way would they approve the repair. I said the kitchen grey tank was perfect when it left the factory but I did not screw it up. No reply, just dead air. I then authorized the repair at my cost at dealer. Subsequently I received a call from dealer that the repair was approved. They said that as they extended the slide they noted the Keystone over torqued the bolts to the slide and bent the bar and resulted in the damage to the slide and blew a hole in the j-mold and broke the right side trim piece. Fortunately I do have a good dealer. One last point, delivered for service May 5th,2018 and got back August 13th as getting replacement parts take weeks and months and I still have no repair to kitchen grey tank and J-mold that was ordered twice arrived but wrong texture. Maybe I can get to use it next summer. Got to have patience of Jobe owing an RV.
Pullrite 16K Superglide
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
GBR is offline   Reply With Quote