View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #56
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjamestx View Post
I am sure that some of you will not agree with this, but I run E tires of the same size on a 8800# max weight 31 footer TT. Changed from D to E. My brother-in-law (a retiree of Cooper Tire & Rubber) plus the tire dealer which I know very well, recommended 65 to 70 PSI always. Get on down the road and you could exceed the tire's max pressure if you inflate to what is on the side of the tire. On a recent 6,000 mile July-August trip to Montana, my TPMS read 75 to 78 PSI running the highway at 65 to 70 MPH. And, it wasn't that hot up there.

The tires are built to withstand the inherent temp increase due to driving. Here is a FAQ from Carlisle:

Carlisle ST FAQ

What is the proper tire inflation?

Maintain air pressure at the maximum PSI recommended on the tire sidewall. It's best to check tire pressure with a quality tire gauge when tires are cold and in the shade.
Under inflation is the number one cause of trailer tire failure. An underinflated tire creates abnormal tire flexing and excessive heat causing:
- Ride and handling problems
- Decreased fuel efficiency
- Reduction of tire life
Driving on tires with too much air is also not recommended. Over-inflated tires are more likely to cut, puncture or fail by sudden impact.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote