View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #24
Uncle Dougie

Old but wiser

I too, have many battle wounds from doing my own vehicle maintenance. I considered myself to be successfully retired when I felt that I could afford to pay someone else to do the dirty work. Last year I took my Keystone Premier 30REPR to the dealer to have the wheel bearings packed and a couple of other small things done. I towed to Texas and back from Missouri for the winter. When I was setting up the I noticed, the cap was knocked out and the grease cap had come off and had been bouncing around in the center cap for who knows how many miles. I had to take the wheel off and put the grease cap back on. When we got back home the RV sat for a while and I decided to drain the system to sanitize. When I got under the TT to open the low point drain I noticed that the brake wire had been cut and the end taped. I had many questions, did it come from the factory like that, or did the dealership mechanic disconnect it? Why didn't the mechanic notice this disconnected wire? I'm not too proud of myself for allowing this to happen. I think I will try to find a helpful neighbor and give them a little mechanical knowledge, while I supervise from now on. It is a shame that the dealer network cannot provide better service.
Uncle Dougie is offline   Reply With Quote