Thread: Idiotic Design
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #64
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preyou View Post
For what we pay, this is ridiculous!!! I agree if everyone starts complaining loudly, improvements might be made. I would imagine that the factory warranty costs are extremely high. Buy a share of Thor stock and let them know your feelings.
For the typical 4 to 5 trips per year family, I think these coaches are designed to hold up (somewhat) just enough to make it through a few seasons without major failures. Unfortunately, for many of us RVers, we expect more out of (and do more with) our trailers than the typical family. Strenuous cross country trips, rough washboard BLM roads, oppressive heat and sun in the south, freeze and thaw cycles in the north. This is reality and these conditions are what causes issues to show up quickly. Unfortunately, quality control is practically non-existent in the plants. And that's not about to change. Profitizing is priority number 1 as the economy continues to be robust.

My crystal ball is a bit blurry now but I wish I could see how the processes (and RV industry as a whole) change when the next big correction happens. Most obviously, the buyers won't be there. The used market will be flooded with the tired coaches as unemployment rises. Will it be a future of plant consolidations, closures, and shutterings? And after the dust settles, does the industry rebuild into something better for those patiently waiting?
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote