View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:30 AM   #18
sgfrye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
The policy of giving a future credit is becoming more common. The loss of a loved one suddenly is a shocking experience and I too am sorry for your loss. The no refund policy is there for a reason as the area is quite busy and bookings are critical to be able to have some control over your site occupation and availability. I believe they made a good faith effort to accommodate you. It is unfortunate you didn't think to ask for a future credit. A bad review would not be appropriate in my opinion, after all, it wasn't their fault.
i agree with this post.

couple of years ago while staying 4 days at the koa in mount pleasant sc we were scheduled to check out on monday morning. sunday wife gets a call that a family friend passed away so she wanted to leave sunday early evening to return home.

we loaded up and i stopped by the office to notify them that we were leaving and why, in case they could rent our site, never expecting a refund of any kind. by the time we got home 4 hours later i received an email with a one night refund to my credit card.

they were not obligated to refund a night but by doing so i gave them a great review and would stay there again.

i don't think your campground deserves a bad review, as stated they maintained their policies.
sgfrye is offline   Reply With Quote