View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #27
wiredgeorge

BBB is a joke to some but not to other companies. Missus got a call from AT&T and the nice young lady offered us TWO free smart phones since we had been such great customers. I needed a new phone so the missus said OK and when they arrived, a few days later, down to the AT&T store we went to get them set up (contacts transferred and the like). It was there I noted a phone number not my own on the box and when the nice AT&T lady at the store called in, seems we now had TWO additional phone lines that would show up on our bill. Wife got on the phone and told them we would send phones back and cancel the lines. Bill comes around and $134 on top of our already ridiculous phone charges. My wife was on the phone SEVEN times with AT&T and couldn't get rid of these lines even though we had sent the phones back using their boxes and they had acknowledged receipt. I contacted the BBB and a rep from the office of the wireless division called. I had also sent a letter to my Texas state atty general and sent a CC copy to AT&T wireless office of the president. In any case, that got the issue sorted as AT&T didn't like negative BBB ratings and the state atty general's office thing helped. Today we are customers of Consumer Cellular with same stuff (data, text and calls) for about 1/3 what AT&T had been charging.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote