View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:55 PM   #16
Gumby52

Sorry to hear about your loss. A similar situation happened to us 2 years ago. We had booked a 6 night stay at a campground in central NH, really looking forward to getting away for a week, and looking forward to the campground - the site was located on a brook and had only heard great things about it.

We left to head up to NH, and hadn't gone but 1 mile and we got the call that my wife's father passed. I knew the campground's policy about refunds (1 month notice = refund less a processing fee/ 2 week notice = 1/2 refund/ less than 2 weeks = 0.00). I called the campground to let them know we wouldn't be there and why, they offered their condolences and that was that. I didn't expect anything, and nothing was offered.

The following year we wanted to try to go to the same campground, we were looking forward to it that much. My wife called to make a reservation, not only was that very site available, but there was no charge. The clerk on the phone said we had a 6 night credit from the previous year. Nothing on their website mentioned anything about that, but when we got there and had a chance to talk with the owners they said they only thought it was fair to offer us a credit for one year.

Needless to say the first night was emotional, we raised a glass in my Father-in-Law's memory and thoroughly enjoyed our week by the brook.

I guess the moral of all this would be to ask if you could possibly be credited for a stay in the near future...… I think people try to do what's right and decent.

Gary
Gumby52 is offline   Reply With Quote